Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Jarred



This is the final product of the compositing project. I used seven different photographs and compiled them to create this "scene." I wanted to create a scene that would be "impossible" in real life. To give the picture a sort of surreal look, I incorporated a newspaper background, using the neon glow filter to give it the unusual tint.
The greatest trouble I had was trying to make it appear as though the parrot was inside the jar, because the class made it very difficult to do so. I found a way to successfully do so, although I have to admit, it was only luck that led to me to that. I made a duplicate of the jar, and put the parrot on top of the one jar. with the duplicate, I used the "burn" option so that it became more transparent. I put the burnt, transparent jar over the bird as a different layer, putting the parrot between the two jar layers. I was really excited to see that it had worked out.
The toy elephant is one of my favorite parts of the project. It is childish and very fitting. I do not think that a picture of a real elephant would have given the same effect. I think it would have been trying to pull off too much. I really liked the idea of having toys be incorporated into the image.
With the ''burnt jar,'' I duplicated it once again, enlarged it, and made it more transparent. With that, I placed it behind the girl and the elephant to sort of appear as a shadow on the newspaper background. I thought it was a little bit plain having all the newspaper in the background. I am very glad that I included the jar's ''shadow." I am very pleased with the effect.
Lastly, I decided to add just a silly, minor detail in the project: In the newspaper, for the article on the right, I replaced the picture of the journalist that lies next to the article with a small icon of Captain Hook. Why? Because I love Captain Hook. And I'm curious to see who notices it. I loved finding out all the humorous details within Michaelangelo's works... So I thought, why can't I try that too? So look for the little Captain Hook icon.. he's watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment