Monday, April 5, 2010

Me, in Three



These are my final three images, after many hours in the Mac lab.
The first is a representation of who I was. I composited images I scanned from letters I've written or just writings I did in school when I was very young. I included some pictures that I've drawn (you can see a little blog sketch of a person) and other small drawings. I placed the picture in a corn field background because it made it unify with the other two pictures much better. The background had previously been a yard which was distracting.

In the second image, I included pieces that I felt described who I am today. I am free, and I feel like the composition and my position give that sort of essence, especially in the setting of the picture. The scrabble pieces and the very faint writing were the only two pieces that I did not sketch myself. The other phrases and sentences were sayings that I wrote in my handwriting (because I felt like it was totally lame to do otherwise) phrases that fit me or describe me or are phrases I enjoy. I included "...and fa-la-la's," which matches my oblivious, free spirited personality. I also included "and the truth will set you free," which is from John 8:32. I really do feel like a free individual, and people tell me that I live like I am free. Well, that verse is the reason why I feel so free. Because I know the Truth. Simple as that. I also included little monsters I've drawn, a couple guitar sketches, and some scrabble pieces. Why the scrabble pieces? I've kind of become obsessed with them since my conceptual art project. I might put some scrabble pieces on the frame of the final picture. We'll see.

The last image is what I hope to be remembered as. I included other sketches that I scanned and more phrases. The one says "and she was free," and another, "yes, curiosity." I am a curious person, and rather naive. I want to be remembered as being free. I brought a picture of a holga camera into Illustrator and did Live Trace and Live Paint, and put it in the picture. I adore photography, and I hope I am remembered as a talented artist and photographer.

I really like the final product of my project. Its going to be a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment