Sunday, May 9, 2010

Poem Visualization


This is the final product of my poem visualization. The poem is about a dream that a pianist has one night, so I wanted the poem to seem dream-esque. I did this by hanging picture frames from the hall 'ceiling' thing. A normal book format would not have as accurately accomplished a dream-esque essence of the piece. I also chose to use picture frames because each 'scene' or line seemed like a frame to me. It did not all run together but rather, it seemed broken into frames.

The critique was very beneficial for me. If I was to do the project again, I would have made the images double sided, so that if the frames happened to spin, there would still be an image. I honestly did not even think of that (I also did not think that there would be a significant breeze in the hallway of the second floor!). I really do like how the piece turned out. I think it was worth the 17 hours of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment